Here are answers to frequently asked questions about the Scholarship Program.
What is the Cyber Diversity in Action Scholarship Program?
The Cyber Diversity in Action (CDiA) scholarship program invites talented and motivated individuals worldwide to apply for the CDiA scholarship. The scholarship program intends to enable prospective students to acquire the necessary skills to protect businesses from cyber attacks and to facilitate innovation and competitiveness.
- Available Scholarships: 4 awards worth $6,396
- Application Deadline: June 26th, 2023
- Winners Announced: August 4th, 2023
What awards will be given?
The program aims to support the community, especially those with limited access to education, living below the poverty line, and having health or mobility issues.
The CDiA scholarship will be awarding four eligible students with one of the following options:
- 90-day Course and Cert Exam Bundle for only 1 of the following course choice: WEB-200 (OSWA), SOC-200 (OSDA), PEN-200 (PWK), PEN-300 (OSEP), WEB-300 (OSWE), EXP-301 (OSED), and EXP-312 (OSMR) (90 days of lab access, course materials and 1 exam attempt)
- 1 Year Access to the Learn Fundamentals (All level 100 content and assessments for 365 days)
What are the requirements for the scholarship?
1. Is there an age requirement for the scholarship?
Yes, there is a minimum age requirement of 18 years of age before applying. OffSec will request proof of identity during the second stage of the selection process
2. Can anyone from outside the US apply for the scholarship program?
Yes. This scholarship is a global program.
3. I am enrolled in a study program in IT at a university. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
No, students pursuing or have gained a certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, masters, a PhD in the IT or Cybersecurity field are not supported by this scholarship.
4. I have not completed my school education at the time of application. Am I still eligible for the scholarship?
Yes, although a school diploma is encouraged it is not required for the scholarship program.
5. I started a course with OffSec but did not complete it or sit the exam. Can I still apply for the scholarship program?
Once you have started a course with OffSec or any other cybersecurity training center, you are no longer eligible to receive a CDiA scholarship.
6. Can I apply for this scholarship no matter what subject I am studying?
As long as it is not related to the cybersecurity or IT field as a major or minor subject. OffSec will request proof of registration for the enrolled course during the second stage of the selection process.
7. What language skills do I need to apply for the scholarship?
Good command of English is required to take any of the OffSec courses.
8. How can I learn more about the courses provided?
Visit us at:
9. Who is not eligible?
Family members of a current or former OffSec employee are ineligible to apply for the Cyber Diversity in Action Scholarship Program. Family members include parents, stepparents, brothers, sisters, stepbrothers, stepsisters, grandparents (including great), step-grandparents, grandchildren, children (includes children's spouses), stepchildren, foster children, foster parents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, step-aunts, step-uncles or step-cousins.
10. Can anyone apply?
We encourage all to apply for the scholarship program. Preference may be given to applicants facing financial difficulties or physical or mental disabilities, allowing students to reach their educational goals.
Applicants who do not meet all the requirements stated above cannot be considered for the Cyber Diversity Scholarship Program and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
How it Works
If the requirements for the scholarship program above apply to you, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Cyber Diversity in Action Scholarship Program selection procedure.
Round one: The CDiA committee will notify shortlisted recipients in July 2023 to collect proof of ID, enrollment letter, and income.
Round two: Finalists for this scholarship will be interviewed about their interest in cybersecurity careers between July 24th - July 27th.
When is the deadline for applicants?
Deadline to apply for the CDiA scholarship program: June 26th, 2023. When will you announce the scholars?
The selection process results will be communicated to the scholars via email on August 4th, 2023.
Need more help?
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns on the #scholarship channel on the OffSec Discord server.
How do I apply?
To apply, please fill out the application form.