This is intended to be a resource where learners can obtain small nudges or help while working on the PWK machines.
It consists in 3 main steps which are taught in the PWK course:
- Information gathering (Enumeration)
- Shell (Vulnerability exploitation)
- Privilege Escalation
Note that we do not recommend learners to rely entirely on this resource while working on the lab machines. Learners should do their own enumeration and research and then come to this resource if they feel they have exhausted all of their options for a specific system.
- Initial Enumeration:
- One thing will lead you to another. Join the dots. Keep digging
- The user loves to test websites on its own machine
- Privilege Escalation:
- Which superpower do you have?
- Post enumeration is KEY