Ready to schedule an exam? Learn:
- Ground Rules and Recommendations
- Where to Find the Exam Schedule Calendar
- How to Schedule an Exam
- Exam Expiry
- Rescheduling Allowances of an Attempt
- We are unable to reserve a specific date on your behalf as scheduling is done on a first come first serve basis. We recommend that you schedule your exam at least 2 weeks in advance as our exam slots fill up quickly.
Tip: Weekend slots are the most popular, so we encourage you to book as early as six weeks ahead of time if you're looking to schedule on a Saturday or Sunday.
- If you fail to show for a proctored exam within the allotted time as specified on your exam confirmation and reminder email, your exam will be automatically forfeited. Should you wish to schedule the examination again, please check and follow the instructions in How to reschedule your exam page.
- There is currently no limit on the number of times a learner can attempt a certification exam before passing.
- A cooling off period will be applied after each failed exam.
- If your subscription includes two exam attempts for your chosen primary course (Learn One) or provides unlimited attempts (Learn Unlimited), strategic planning and scheduling is recommended. Make sure to schedule with enough time in case a retake is needed before your subscription ends. This is especially important due to the mandatory cooling-off period after an unsuccessful attempt, allowing you to use your remaining exam attempt.
- Please note that scheduling multiple exam attempts at the same time for the same course is not possible. If you need to retry, you can schedule your next attempt after completing the first exam and receiving your results.
To access your exam scheduling calendar, follow these steps:
- Login to your OffSec Learning Library account: https://portal.offsec.com/sign-in
- Click on the "Courses" tab in the top left of your control panel.
- Select your course.
- Click on the "Exam" tab
- Click on the "Manage Exam" button to be redirected to your exam scheduling page.
Note that the first time you schedule your exam in the OffSec Learning Library, you will be prompted to submit your timezone, before you reach the exam scheduling page.
Using your exam calendar, you can choose a date and time in your current timezone. To schedule:
- Double check and update your timezone if needed by simply clicking on the current timezone displayed.
- Consider your exam expiry date. The last exam date highlighted in purple signifies the expiration date of your exam attempt, giving important details about how long it remains valid, not the date you scheduled it.
- Select which course you would like to schedule your exam for if you have exam attempts for different courses by selecting the specific exam in the "Course" drop-down menu.
- Follow the dropdown menus for "Day," "Month," and potentially "Year" to pinpoint your preferred exam date.
- Click on the ‘Hour’ dropdown menu and you are presented with the available times from 00:00 to 23:00, which represents the 24 hour clock. Select and set your preferred exam start time.
- Once you are happy with the date and time you selected, click on the "Schedule" button to reserve the exam seat.
Note: Only available times are shown. If a specific date or time is not shown, then there are no available exam seats for that date.
Knowing when your exams expire is important for planning. Here's a clear breakdown based on how you got them:
- Course & Certification Exam Bundle: The exam included in the bundle remains valid for a period of 120 days from the end date of your lab access associated with the bundle. It's essential to note that the clock starts ticking from the conclusion of your lab access period. Should you purchase a lab extension while your exam is still valid, the exam’s validity is extended to 120 from the new lab extension’s end date.
- Any Learn Subscription: For exams acquired through a Learn subscription, the validity aligns with the subscription period. All exam attempts associated with the subscription remain valid throughout the subscription period. It's important to be aware that once the subscription concludes, any remaining associated exam attempts also expire.
Independent Exam Retake:
- Exam attempt acquired through an independent exam retake remains valid for a duration of 120 days from the date of purchase.
- In case the retake is acquired during the cooling-off period, the validity period extends for an additional 120 days from the conclusion of the cooling-off period.
You can view the exam expiry date by accessing your exam scheduling calendar.
Before you dive into this section is important to understand the distinction between exam attempts and rescheduling allowances:
- An exam attempt - allows a learner to take the exam once.
- Rescheduling allowances - is the number of times you can schedule an exam attempt.
For every exam attempt, you get three chances to select an exam date or time. In other words, once you choose your exam date and time for the first time on an exam attempt, you are not locked into it, you may reschedule it twice.
Here's when you can reschedule:
- Your remaining rescheduling allowance is not equal to 0.
- here is still at least 48 hours before your current scheduled exam.
If you don’t plan on taking the exam as scheduled, make sure you reschedule at least 3 days ahead of your chosen exam date.
|1 exam attempt||3||You can take the exam only once for each exam attempt.|
If you acquire a lab extension while having a valid exam attempt, your rescheduling allowances resets to 3.