Below you can find information about OffSec Academy, how to register and much more:
- How do I register for OffSec Academy Zoom streaming sessions?
- What is OffSec Academy?
- Why is OffSec doing this, and how does in benefit the OffSec community?
- Who is this designed for?
- What courses is OffSec Academy available for?
- Who will be leading the sessions?
- What is the level of interactivity, how and when will questions be answered?
- When and where can I find the OffSec Academy streaming sessions?
- Can I access the recorded OffSec Academy weekly consept demonstrations?
- May I record the OffSec Academy streaming session for personal use or to share with others?
- Can I enroll in OffSec Academy at any time or do I have to commit to attenting each weekly learning journey before I can sign up?
- How much will this cost?
- Will I receive any acknowledgement if I attend all of the sessions?
For information on the schedule or how to register for an OffSec Academy course, please visit the corresponding FAQ below:
OffSec Academy is a scheduled streaming offering that will facilitate learning, improve engagement, and ultimately increase certification preparedness and achievement for currently enrolled learners.
OffSec Academy will provide a week-by-week learning plan - including learning objectives, recommended hours to dedicate, course modules to focus on, and Topic Labs & Challenge Labs to complete - along with weekly, live streaming webinars where our OffSec team will provide course-specific and interactive learning guidance and lab concept demonstrations. In addition, the OffSec Academy offering will facilitate an OffSec Academy Discord channel where currently enrolled learners may collaborate to better understand the course’s materials and methodology.
The OffSec Academy offering draws from our years of experience and known best practices for learning.
Our goals are two-fold:
- Improve the overall learner experience by facilitating learning, improving engagement and ultimately increasing certification preparedness and achievement.
- Allow currently enrolled learners to gain many of the advantages previously available only to our OffSec Academy customers - including a point-of-view on learning journey, modular teaching, topic labs and demonstrations, and learner cohort based interactions. These benefits will be available at no additional cost to currently enrolled learners.
The OffSec Academy offering is designed for currently-enrolled learners.
OffSec alumni are also welcome to attend the weekly streaming sessions.
Currently the OffSec Academy live streaming sessions are available for PEN-200, WEB-200 and SOC-200 courses. More courses to be added soon!
OffSec Academy sessions will be led by OffSec Academy and Student Success Delivery teams.
OffSec Academy is designed to be interactive and we encourage learners to engage directly.
During the OffSec Academy weekly streaming sessions, questions will be submitted through chat, and the OffSec instructors will address submitted questions in real time (first come, first served). Questions will also be handled through Discord when the streams are not active.
Another key goal is to also encourage our active learners to help each other along the way via the OffSec Academy Discord channel.
The OffSec Academy live streaming sessions will consist of weekly, 90 minute, interactive presentations via Zoom.
Yes, these will be made available to those currently enrolled in the corresponding course. The recordings will be housed in the OffSec Learning Platform, updated approximately one week after the live streaming session.
No, these sessions are for live streaming purposes only. Only OffSec is authorized to record or distribute the OffSec Academy live streaming sessions. Recording your own version and/or sharing with others will be considered a violation of our academic protocol. OffSec will, however, record the sessions and make the session recordings accessible to all learners currently enrolled in the course.
Can I enroll in OffSec Academy at any time or do I have to commit to attending each weekly learning journey before I can sign up?
Currently enrolled learners may attend from the outset, or drop-in/drop-out at any point along the course’s learning journey. Any currently enrolled learner can join the interactive sessions. Existing learners may also ask questions and collaborate on Discord. Sessions will be recorded and housed in the OffSec Learning Platform, for later viewing and reference.
Currently enrolled learners can join at any time depending on their individual learning goals and objectives. This said, we feel that following the learning journey from the outset will likely serve most learners well.
As long as an OffSec Academy learning journey exists for the course you are enrolled, the OffSec Academy access comes at no additional cost. For example, PEN-200 learners may attend the Offsec Academy: PEN-200 weekly concept demonstration at no additional cost.
No special rewards or acknowledgement will be given to session attendees. OffSec Academy is purely designed to assist our current learners with their learning journey and experience.