This article aims to answer the following questions about SOC-200: Foundational Security Operations and Defensive Analysis (OSDA):
- What is SOC-200?
- What are the prerequisites for SOC-200?
- How can I purchase the SOC-200 course?
- Does the SOC-200 course have training videos?
- When can I download the course materials?
- Where can I find the challenge lab machines?
- When can I take the OSDA certification exam?
Security Operations and Defensive Analysis (SOC-200) is a foundational course. Learners who complete the course and pass the associated exam earn the OffSec Defense Analyst (OSDA) certification, demonstrating their ability to detect and assess security incidents.
All the prerequisites can be found within the Fundamental Learning Paths. Fundamental content is included with the Learn Fundamentals, Learn One, or Learn Unlimited subscriptions. Prerequisite Topics include:
- PEN-100: Linux Basics 1 & 2
- PEN-100: Windows Basics 1 & 2
- PEN-100: Networking Basics
The SOC-200 course is available through the Course & Cert Exam Bundle and as part of Learn subscription packages.
You can find more information on the Learn subscription packages here.
Yes. The SOC-200 training videos are accessible in the OffSec Learning Library.
For information and instructions on how to access the course videos, please click here.
Course material downloads for the SOC-200 course can be downloaded during the subscription period.
For more information and instructions on how to download the course materials, please see:
- Course material download FAQ
- How to Download Course Materials from the Learning Library
- Downloads in Subscriptions announcement
Similar to OffSec Fundamental Learning Paths, machines associated with a Topic for SOC-200 and WEB-200 are included in the Training Material for that Topic to provide a more guided user experience. The "Challenge Labs" section of the Learning Library will show Challenge VMs not associated with a Topic, but will not have all of the machines for a course.
The OffSec Defense Analyst (OSDA) certification exam has already been released and can be scheduled on your SOC-200 exam page in your Learning Library account.
We encourage you to check out our Important information about exam scheduling in the Learning Library article for more information and instructions.