The OffSec Discord server is an environment where OffSec learners, staff, and members of the Info-sec community can connect, communicate, and collaborate with one another. The main purpose of this server is to foster a sense of community between our staff, learners, and fellow infosec professionals.
Read this guide to learn how to join our Discord server, gain access to private channels and use the Discord bot. Before reading this guide, we recommend you first get familiar with the OffSec Community FAQ.
- How can I join the Offsec Community in Discord?
- I enrolled in a new course, how do I get access to the course specific channel?
- I just pass my exam, how do I get my course certification role?
- Can I still retain access to the private channels even if my purchased product has expired?
- Can I still retain access to my current private channels if I purchase another course/subscription?
- How do I use OffSec’s Discord Technical Support Bot?
- OffSec Ninja & OffSec Support Bot Commands
- OffSec Hints Bot Commands
- Can I unlink my Discord account from my OffSec Learning Library?
Any learners, regardless if you are only using PG Play machines or are actively engaged in going through more advanced content like PEN-200, are able to access the OffSec Discord server. Depending on the content you are using inside the OffSec Learning Library, you may have access to private course channels.
To join our Discord channel, go to your OffSec Learning Library platform account and follow the steps below:
- Click on your username and select "Connect to Discord"
- Click "Join us on Discord" to join our official server
- Follow the instructions provided by Discord to register a new account or, if you have used Discord before, login to your existing account.
You now have successfully joined the server and have access to all the public channels!
- Go back to the OffSec Learning platform
- Click on your username and select "Discord"
- Select step 2 (Link Discord to OffSec account) and you will automatically have access to the channels included in your products.
Note, receiving access to the OffSec course channels can take some time. If more than 24 hours have passed, from the moment you've requested access, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should get access to the private channels related to the new course automatically. If you are missing access to the new private course channels, please clear your cache and cookies and request access by going through the steps described in the “join any private course channels” section above.
To get your course-certified role, access the #role-requests channel on Discord.
1. Click the "Verify Certification" button.
2. Submit your OSID and the Registered Email for your OffSec Learning Library platform account.
You will receive a verification of your request. Note that the roles may take up to 24 hours to be assigned, and you will need to do this each time you pass an exam. If more than 24 hours have passed, from the moment you requested the role, please reach out to email@example.com
Yes! You will maintain your access to the Discord course channels even after your access to the labs in the OffSec Learning platform has expired.
The previous roles added will not be removed if and when you make a new purchase. The new role is granted and existing ones aren’t removed.
You need to log in to Discord server and navigate to the #support channel. Once in, you will be presented with a few categories, which are as follows:
- VPN Support: This category is for assistance with VPN connectivity issues, such as being unable to connect to the VPN or a slow VPN connection.
- Machine Related: This category is for assistance with connectivity to specific machines. This is NOT for hints or assistance with the Proving Grounds or course machines.
- Portal: This category is for assistance with issues relating to the Offsec Learning Library Portal, such as the inability to start lab machines or load a web page.
Below you can find a list of bot commands available to you and a description of their functionality.
|Displays this menu
|Displays the total number of users on the server
|Displays stats for each learner role and certified users
|Displays when you joined the server.
|Global command. Provides official OffSec support channels.
|Global command. Try Harder
|Spits out the URL to OSCP Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
|Spits out the URL to OSWE Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
|Spits out the URL to OSCE Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
|Spits out the URL to OSWP Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
|Spits out the URL to OSEP Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
|Spits out the URL to OSEE Exam guide. Global command - works anywhere in server.
It is now possible to receive hints for certain PEN-200 labs and SOC-200 challenges through our new Discord bot, OffSec Hints.
We will continue to assess, add more functionality, and improve the bot. To prevent abuse of the bot, each learner is allowed one (1) hint every 30 mins.
Below you can find the bot commands available to you and a description of their functionality.
NOTE: If you are unable to see the below commands on the related channel, ensure that you have enabled two-factor authentication in your Discord account
Displays hint to PEN-200 labs.
The command can only be executed in the #pen-200-labs course private channel.
Displays hint to SOC-200 challenge labs.
The command can only be executed in the #soc-200-challenge-labs course private channel.
To unlink your Discord account from your OffSec account, please submit a request so we can delete the old record. This will allow you to add a new Discord account if needed, or leave your Discord account disconnected from the OffSec Learning Platform.