- What are the criteria I need to meet to become an authorized instructor?
- What is the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp?
- How often does an instructor need to go through the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp?
- If I attend the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp will I be prevented from taking one of your certifications later?
- What are the criteria to maintain my instructor status?
- How do learners get onboarded to the Learning Library?
- How can I manage the learner licenses?
- When should I send out invitations to learners?
- What do I do if I need to add a learner a few days/weeks after the class has started?
- What if a learner wants to drop off the class, can the license be refunded?
- What if a learner wants to drop off, but another learner wants to join the class, can the new learner use the license of the learner who is dropping off the class?
- Is having an ongoing Instructor subscription required for teaching?
- As an instructor, how do I get access to the instructor materials?
- If I teach PEN-100 in the spring semester, and then PEN-200 in the fall semester, do I need to buy another instructor subscription for the PEN-200 course?
- Can I have overlapping access for Instructor PEN-100 and Instructor PEN-200 subscriptions?
- Can I transfer my instructor subscription to someone else?
- Can my instructor subscription be paused?
- Can my instructor subscription be refunded?
* Exceptions - OffSec Academy & Learning Partner review board will examine relevant work, educational, technical and teaching experience on a case-by-case basis.
** Authorized faculty instructors are allowed to teach bootcamps associated with OffSec approved Universities.
The OffSec Instructor Bootcamp (OSIB) is an Instructional course that enables and empowers Instructors to teach OffSec content by utilizing curriculum resources required to deliver an interactive, engaging and hands-on class.
Only once, the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp is a prerequisite for becoming an authorized instructor. Once you have become an instructor you will not be required to go through the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp again as long as you continue to meet authorization requirements.
If I attend the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp will I be prevented from taking one of your certifications later?
No, however, the instructor notes contain information that would give you an unfair advantage and as such you will be prevented from taking the corresponding certification.
Authorizations are valid for a year. If the instructor meets the maintenance requirements described below, their authorization will be renewed for an additional year.
Authorization revocation may result at any time if the instructor is meeting significantly less than the above criteria and/or is found in violation of OffSec academic policy.
The learner licenses are managed by the instructor. Once the instructor has assigned a license, the learner will receive an email from our system prompting them to create an account.
After the details of your purchase have been discussed and agreed upon with our Sales team, you will receive an email invite containing your OffSec Learning Library account activation link.
Click on “Accept Invitation” and you will be redirected to the admin account Sign Up/In page.
Once you have accessed the Learning Library account, head to the 'Manage my team' section at the upper right corner of the page beside your username to view your newly purchased licenses and invite learners.
It is important to remember that a learner’s access starts as soon as the learner redeems the invite, therefore, you will need to time the moment you send out the invitation to match your curriculum/teaching plan. If you send out the invites too early, and if the learner redeems too early, the learner might run out of access by the time the semester/your course ends.
You can purchase an additional license whenever you need. To make your purchase, please contact your Partner Account Manager.
No, once a license has been purchased, we are unable to issue refunds.
What if a learner wants to drop off, but another learner wants to join the class, can the new learner use the license of the learner who is dropping off the class?
If the invitation has not yet been accepted by a learner, you can withdraw the invitation and assign the license to a different learner. Once an invitation has been accepted, the license can no longer be re-assigned.
Yes, OffSec courses are highly practical as such access to a course’s lab is required during the entire teaching process.
After you have started the OffSec Instructor Bootcamp (OSIB) course, your assigned trainer will share with you any OSIB resources (i.e. Instructor slides) along with the instructions on how to access and use these resources.
Once activated, you will also be able to access any resources (labs and instructor materials) included in the instructor subscription using the same Learning Library account you manage the learner licenses from.
If I teach PEN-100 in the spring semester, and then PEN-200 in the fall semester, do I need to buy another instructor subscription for the PEN-200 course?
Yes, each course has its own subscription. Neither instructor or learners can switch from a course to another in the middle of an active subscription.
Yes, instructors who wish to teach both courses during the same year period, or start teaching a new course before the subscription period for their previous course has ended will be able to do so.
No, once your instructor subscription has started, it cannot be reassigned to someone else.
As per the Learning Partner Academic Policy you are also prohibited from sharing your access to the Instructor Materials with anyone else.
No, once started, instructor subscriptions cannot be paused under any circumstances.
We are unable to provide a refund once your instructor subscription has started.
If your instructor subscription has not started, you may be eligible for a refund. Should you need to apply for a refund, please submit a request here.