This article aims to answer the following questions about Learn Fundamentals:
- What is Learn Fundamentals?
- Who is Learn Fundamentals for?
- Can Learn Fundamentals be used for IT security training, for example for system administrators and developers?
- When do the KLCP and OSWP exam attempts expire?
- Do Fundamental Learning Paths correspond to any certification exams or credentials?
- Can I download the training materials included in Learn Fundamentals?
- Does Learn Fundamentals include videos?
- Is PG-Practice included with the subscription?
- I do not have time to dedicate to my studies now, can I pause my Learn Fundamentals subscription?
- I have purchased the Learn Fundamental subscription via your training consultants, how can I access the content?
- Can I upgrade my Learn Fundamentals to Learn One, Learn Unlimited or Learn Enterprise subscription?
- Can multiple individuals share the same subscription license?
- Am I able to purchase a lab extension when my subscription expires?
- Am I able to purchase an exam retake after my subscription expires?
Learn Fundamentals is a yearly subscription that provides access to:
- All Fundamental Learning Paths (PEN, WEB, SOC, CLD, EXP, SSD and future courses).
- The PEN-210 content and an OSWP certification attempt.
- The PEN-103 content and a KLCP certification attempt.
Learn Fundamentals is recommended for both organizations that want to identify, train and prepare talent, as well as individual learners that want to prepare for an entry-level security job role or for higher level content.
Can Learn Fundamentals be used for IT security training, for example for system administrators and developers?
Yes! Learn Fundamentals is for direct security professionals, and also for other technical professionals that need security training.
Exam attempts purchased as part of the Learn Fundamentals subscription will expire at the end of the subscription period.
While Fundamental Learning Paths do not have the traditional 24/48h exams or certifications, we have built assessments which will allow learners to understand the level of content they have assimilated .
Learners who pass an assessment will receive a digital badge.
These are the Learning Paths with assessments and/or badges that's been released so far:
- PEN: Network Penetration Testing Essentials
- SOC: Security Operations Essentials
- WEB: Web Application Assessment Essentials
There are no downloadable materials included with Learn Fundamentals.
You will have access to all the materials online for as long as your subscription remains active.
The PEN-210 course does include videos, while the fundamental content, including PEN-103, does not include videos.
No, PG Practice is not included in the Learn Fundamentals subscription.
When purchasing a subscription, your access to the content will start from the moment you submitted the payment and completed your registration.
Once the Learn Fundamentals subscription has started, the access to course content will run in a consecutive block of time which cannot be pause for any reason.
I have purchased the Learn Fundamental subscription via your training consultants, how can I access the content?
If you are set as the admin for the Learn Fundamental subscription that was purchased, please view How to Manage Individual Products.
Flex admins can find instructions on how to assign a Learn Fundamentals subscription here.
If someone else purchased the product and you received an invitation, you can find further instructions here.
If you subscribed in Learn Fundamentals as an individual, you have an option to upgrade to Learn One.
If you subscribed in Learn Fundamentals via an invitation from your organization, your admin can upgrade your Learn Fundamentals to a Learn One or Learn Unlimited subscription.
Upgrade path from Learn Fundamentals to Learn Enterprise is not available.
Please visit the Upgrade FAQ page for more information.
Subscriptions are purchased on a per individual user basis. Login credentials may not be shared among individuals, groups, or teams or with third parties. A breach of the foregoing is a material breach of the Terms. Similar to learners who share their course materials, learners who share their login credentials will receive a lifetime ban from any future courses or offerings by OffSec and may even have their certification(s) revoked. Depending on the nature of the offense, learners may also face legal repercussions.
The 30-day lab extension may not be applied to Learn Fundamentals subscriptions.
If you wish to extend your access, you will have the option to renew your subscription for another 12 months.
Absolutely! You can still purchase an exam retake after your subscription expires.
NOTE: Even if your subscription is still active but you have already used up the exam attempts included in your subscription, you can still purchase an exam retake for the exams that are included in your Learn Fundamentals product. (KLCP & OSWP)
Please also be reminded that all exam retakes are subject to the cooling off period.
You may email us here and our team will be happy to assist you.